Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Perfect Pitch Benefit You As a Musician-Singer

Are you a musician? If so you may be about to have your world rocked...If I played you any note on a piano, do you think you could identify that note by ear? If not, the Pure Pitch Method could be just what you need. Read on to find out if the pure pitch method lives up to its claims...

Musicians with perfect pitch can often play songs by ear, sing any note from memory and instantly work out intervals or chords after hearing them only once. I'd been playing the guitar 15 years and didn't even know these things were possible, that was until I found out about the pure pitch method.

Here are some of the claims the pure pitch method makes -

Easily memorise melodies by ear

Tune your instrument without a tuner or pitch pipe

Sing any note from memory

Name any note or chord

Play your favourite songs by ear

Improvise with confidence

Even if you're a half way serious musician you will be able to see how powerful something like that could be. I've been playing the guitar many years and when I heard about this I jumped at it.

I've been studying the pure pitch method for just over a month and the progress I've made so far is nothing short of shocking. I can't name all 12 notes every single time yet, but I've been able to impress my friends and band mates by naming random notes and chords, which is pretty cool and it still surprises me how quickly I can do it.

No comments: